CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE
Are you feeling motivated to see some real improvement in your singing this year but aren't 100% sure you know how to do that or where to start?
Wish you had someone helping you over a specific hurdle? Giving you exercises, keeping you focused and available to ask questions if you're stumped?
Luckily, that's exactly what's happening. And for free.
The best part? You get to choose which adventure you'll go on!
Hi, I'm Kim and I'll be your resident vocal coach for the week.
Have no idea who I am and want to suss me out first? Head this way.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
You'll choose one of the topics below to dive into for the week starting Monday 15 January.
(please only choose one, you'll only be accepted into one group)
When you sign up, you'll be sent an email with the link to join the private Facebook group for that sprint.
Each group will have daily questions/challenges/exercises to work on and 3 live mini training sessions with me (one on Monday, Wednesday and Friday - Melbourne time).
The times for the live trainings are spread out so no matter what timezone you're in you should be able to attend one in real time.
The recordings will also be available during the sprint for you to rewatch if you can't watch live.
BACK TO BASICS
If you're fairly new to singing or know that you struggle with breathing and support (if your voice is unsteady, shaky or weak) this'll be the one for you.
- how to breathe when you sing and what it should feel like
- how and why you need to control that breath
- shaping your mouth for more consistency and ease when you sing.
MIX IT UP
One for those of you desperate to start ironing out that vocal break or getting better control over the middle area of your voice.
- what the mix is and what it feels like
- strengthening the weaker of your registers in order to blend better
- analysing what might be causing any tension or hiccups through your break.
GET YO HEAD IN THE GAME
Ahhh, the trickiest piece of all. Working on exchanging self doubt for confidence and being able to turn the volume down on fear enough to make serious progress.
- ways to start untangling the negative beliefs holding you back
- important questions to help you make better, more brave choices
- how to create an emotional connection with your audience when you perform